Mbaka Apologizes To Bishop, Catholic Church

 

Mbaka Apologizes To Bishop, Catholic
Church

 

Fiery Enugu Catholic Priest,
Reverend Father Ejike Mbaka, has apologized to the Catholic church over the attack
and destruction of the Enugu Catholic Diocese Bishop’s Court and Holy Ghost
Cathedral in Enugu.

Mbaka, who is the spiritual
director of Adoration Ministries Enugu Nigeria (AMEN), rendered the apology
while delivering his sermon on Sunday at Adoration Ground in Emene.

He maintained that the church
didn’t kidnap him and apologized to whoever misunderstood his first statement
when he reappeared at New Haven.

He said he was misquoted in the
first statement by people who want to cause problem between him and the church.

The priest said the protest was
hijacked by some hoodlums who capitalized on the protest to unleash mayhem on
the church.

He assured that he will join the
prayer of reparation called by the Bishop as he didn’t send anybody to destroy
anything.

Mbaka, who condemned the
destruction of properties at the Bishop’s Court, said he was not aware that anything
was destroyed.

He maintained that his statement
praising the parishioners was because of their quest to look for their missing
priest.

The priest said his parishioners
prevented the hoodlums from destroying the Blessed Sacrament in the Cathedral and
also burning down the Bishop’s Court.

He said the parishioners will
agree on a day to go in their large numbers to the Bishop and apologize to him.

It will be recalled that
following the media spat between Mbaka and the Presidency last week, the priest
was summoned last Tuesday by the Bishop of the Diocese.

24 hours later, information on
social media went viral that the priest was missing.

His parishioners thereafter
embarked on a protest to the Bishop’s Court where they allegedly destroyed
properties within the premises.

They were also said to have
destroyed properties at the Holy Ghost Cathedral before he later appeared and
took them away to New Haven where he addressed them.

Addressing the parishioners, he
said he was denied access to his phones and ordered to proceed on one-month
suspension.

He also alleged that the diocesan
leadership wanted to close down the Adoration ministry.

Following the attack, the Bishop,
Callistus Onaga declared a one-week prayer for reparation over the incident.

Previous post Troops Commence Clearing Operation In Benue, Nasarawa, Taraba
Next post Miyetti Allah Chairman In Kogi Was Arrested, Not Kidnapped – Group

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *